Spanish (SPA) at Patrick Henry Community College

Advanced Search >>
Distance Learning
Restrict search to:

Distance Learning Types
Time of Day
Restrict search to:

Term
Restrict search to:

SPA 16 - Spanish for Business
Introduces the student to Spanish used in business transactions.
Lecture 2-3 hours per week.
2-3 credits
SPA 17 - Spanish for the Tourist
Introduces spoken Spanish to people intending to travel in a Spanish-speaking country.
Lecture 2-3 hours per week.
2-3 credits
SPA 101 - Beginning Spanish I
Introduces understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills and emphasizes basic Spanish sentence structure. May include an additional hour of oral drill and practice per week. Part I of II.
Lecture 4-5 hours per week. May include one additional hour of oral practice per week.
4-5 credits
SPA 102 - Beginning Spanish II
Introduces understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills and emphasizes basic Spanish sentence structure. May include an additional hour of oral drill and practice per week. Part II of II.
4-5 credits
SPA 103 - Basic Spoken Spanish I
Teaches oral communication and introduces cultural mores and customs to students with no prior instruction in the language. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
SPA 104 - Basic Spoken Spanish II
Teaches oral communication and introduces cultural mores and customs to students with no prior instruction in the language. Part II of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
SPA 150 - Spanish for Law Enforcement
Introduces Spanish to those in the criminal justice field. Emphasizes oral communication and practical first-hand police and justice vocabulary. May include oral drill and practice.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
SPA 160 - Spanish for the Green Industry I
Introduces basic conversation skills in Spanish to those working in the "Green" industry. Emphasizes the use of vocabulary and expressions needed for communication in horticulture, landscaping, nursery/greenhouse, and turf management. Addresses cultural aspects of working with Spanish speaking populations.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
SPA 163 - Spanish for Health Professionals I
Introduces Spanish to those in the health sciences. Emphasizes oral communication and practical medical vocabulary. May include oral drill and practice. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
SPA 195 - Topics In
Provides an opportunity to explore topical areas of interest to or needed by students.
May be used also for special honors courses. May be repeated for credit. Variable hours.
1-5 credits
SPA 201 - Intermediate Spanish
Continues to develop understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills. Prerequisite SPA 102 or equivalent. May include oral drill and practice. Part I of II.
Lecture 3-4 hours per week. May include one additional hour of oral practice per week.
3-4 credits
SPA 202 - Intermediate Spanish
Continues to develop understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills. Prerequisite SPA 102 or equivalent. May include oral drill and practice. Part II of II.
3-4 credits
SPA 203 - Intermediate Spanish I-II
Continues to develop understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills. Classes conducted in Spanish. Prerequisite SPA 102 or equivalent. May include oral drill and practice. Part I of II.
Lecture 3-4 hours per week.
3-4 credits
SPA 204 - Intermediate Spanish I-II
Continues to develop understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills. Classes conducted in Spanish. Prerequisite SPA 102 or equivalent. May include oral drill and practice. Part II of II.
Lecture 3-4 hours per week.
3-4 credits
SPA 295 - Topics In
1-5 credits