Heavy Equipment Technology (HVE) at Southside Virginia Community College

Advanced Search >>
Distance Learning
Restrict search to:

Distance Learning Types
Time of Day
Restrict search to:

Term
Restrict search to:

HVE 120 - Track Type Tractor Operation I
Develops skills in the safe and efficient operation of the track- type tractor. Topics include safety, preventive maintenance, basic operation of pushing, dozing, ditching, sloping, and other related topics. Part I of II.
Lecture 4 hours. Laboratory 6-8 hours. Total 10-12 hours per week.
8 credits
HVE 121 - Track Type Tractor Operation II
Develops skills in the safe and efficient operation of the track- type tractor. Topics include safety, preventive maintenance, basic operation of pushing, dozing, ditching, sloping, and other related topics. Part II of II.
7 credits
HVE 130 - Rubber Tire and Track Loader Operation I
Develops the knowledge and skills required to safely operate and maintain the rubber-tired and track front-end loader. Includes safety, preventive maintenance, basic loading, stripping, and other related topics. Part I of II.
8 credits
HVE 131 - Rubber Tire and Track Loader Operation II
Develops the knowledge and skills required to safely operate and maintain the rubber-tired and track front-end loader. Includes safety, preventive maintenance, basic loading, stripping, and other related topics. Part II of II.
7 credits
HVE 140 - Backhoe and Hydraulic Excavator Operation I
Covers the safe operation of the backhoe-loader combination and the hydraulic excavator. Includes safety, preventive maintenance, ditching, loading, excavation of footers and foundations, trenching, clopping, pipe laying with the use of lasers, and other related topics. Part I of II.
8 credits
HVE 141 - Backhoe and Hydraulic Excavator Operation II
Covers the safe operation of the backhoe-loader combination and the hydraulic excavator. Includes safety, preventive maintenance, ditching, loading, excavation of footers and foundations, trenching, clopping, pipe laying with the use of lasers, and other related topics. Part II of II.
7 credits
HVE 150 - Motor Grader Operation I
Introduces students to motor graders and the basic operations. Includes safety, grade stakes, preventive maintenance, windrowing, scarifying, rough grading, and other related topics. Part I of II.
8 credits
HVE 151 - Motor Grader Operation II
Introduces students to motor graders and the basic operations. Includes safety, grade stakes, preventive maintenance, windrowing, scarifying, rough grading, and other related topics. Part II of II.
7 credits
HVE 195 - Topics In
Provides an opportunity to explore topical areas of interest to or needed by students.
May be used also for special honors courses. May be repeated for credit. Variable hours.
1-5 credits