Other Polysomnographic Tech (PSG) at Virginia Highlands Community College
- PSG 101 - Polysomnography I
- Surveys the dynamics of normal and abnormal human sleep and the practice of sleep diagnosis and treatment. Studies methods of acquisition, diagnosis, and treatment of sleep disorders. Includes the practice in the use of polysomnographic equipment. Familiarizes students with medical terminology, instrumentation setup and calibration, recording and monitoring techniques, documentation, professional issues, an patient-technologist interactions related to polysomnographic technology.Lecture 3 hours. Laboratory 0-3 hours. Total 3-6 hours per week.
- PSG 103 - Polysomnography Record Evaluation
- Presents the general principles of analyzing and scoring polysomnographic records. Studies sleep staging, recognition and analysis of various abnormal respiratory and neurophysiologic events, and recognition and elimination of artifact. Includes scoring and analyzing raw data for the purpose of generating full reports.Lecture 3 hours per week.
- PSG 164 - Polysomnography Clinical Procedures I
- Offers a practicum in a functioning Sleep Disorders Center. Provides practice in patient set-up, machine calibrations, equipment usage, Nocturnal Polysomnographs, BiPAP and CPAP Titration Trials, and patient education under the supervision of Polysomnographic Technicians. Co-requisite: PSG 103.Clinicals 16 hours per week.