Safety (SAF) at Virginia Highlands Community College
- SAF 127 - Industrial Safety
- Provides basic understanding of safety and health in an industrial situation. Includes hazardous materials, substances, conditions, activities and habits as well as the prescribed methods and equipment needed for the apprentice to protect himself/herself and others.Lecture 2 hours per week.
- SAF 130 - Industrial Safety - OSHA 10
- Presents an introduction to occupational health and safety and its application in the workplace. Emphasizes safety standards and the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), its rules and regulations (OSHA 10).Lecture 1 hour per week.
- SAF 195 - Topics In
- Provides an opportunity to explore topical areas of interest to or needed by students.May be used also for special honors courses. May be repeated for credit. Variable hours.