Geology (GOL) at Wytheville Community College
- GOL 105 - Physical Geology
- Introduces the composition and structure of the earth and modifying agents and processes. Investigates the formation of minerals and rocks, weathering, erosion, earthquakes, and crustal deformation.Lecture 3 hours. Laboratory 3 hours. Total 6 hours per week.
- GOL 106 - Historical Geology
- Traces the evolution of the earth and life through time. Presents scientific theories of the origin of the earth and life and interprets rock and fossil record.Lecture 3 hours. Laboratory 3 hours. Total 6 hours per week.
- GOL 199 - Supervised Study
- Assigns problems for independent study incorporating previous instruction and supervised by the instructor.May be repeated for credit. Variable hours.