Telecommunications Management (TEL) at Wytheville Community College
- TEL 150 - Internetworking I
- Introduces the functions of each layer of the ISO/OSI reference model, data link and network addresses, data encapsulation, different classes of IP addresses and subnetting and the functions of the TCP/IP network-layer protocols..Lecture 2-3 hours. Lab 2-3 hours. Total 4-6 hours per week.
- TEL 151 - Internetworking II
- Teaches features of the Cisco IOS software, including log in, context-sensitive help, command history and editing, loading software, configuring and verifying IP addresses, preparing the initial configuration of a router, and adding routing protocols to the router configuration. Prerequisite: TEL 150.Leture 2-3 hours. Lab 2-3 hours. Total 4-6 hours per week.
- TEL 250 - Internetworking III
- Studies the advantages of LAN segmentation using bridges, routers, and switches, Fast Ethernet configuring access lists. Covers Spanning Tree Protocol and Virtual LANs. Prerequisite: TEL 151.Lecture 2-3 hours. Lab 2-3 hours. Total 4-6 hours per week.
- TEL 251 - Internetworking IV
- Focuses on the differences between the following WAN services: LAPB, Frame Relay, ISDN/LAP HDLC, PPP, and DDR. Prerequisite: TEL 250.Lecture 2-3 hours. Lab 2-3 hours. Total 4-6 hours per week.