Search for "school age child care"
Results 1 to 4 of 4 results
- CHD 220 - Introduction to School-Age Child Care
- Examines the purposes of school-age child care in today's society, the role of adults within school-age child care, and the state of the profession of school-age child care.Lecture 3 hours per week.
- CHD 225 - Curriculum Development for School-Age Child Care
- Explores the creative activities, techniques, interactions, and program development that promote positive social and emotional growth in school-age children. Emphasizes positive development through everyday programming and experiences.Lecture 3 hours per week.
- CHD 230 - Behavior Management for School-Age Child Care
- Discusses the development of social skills that school-age children need for self-management, including self-discipline, self-esteem, and coping with stress and anger. Explores way to effectively guide and discipline school-age children, focusing on how adults can facilitate positive pro-social and self- management skills.Lecture 3 hours per week.
- CHD 235 - Health and Recreation for School-Age Child Care
- Examines the physical growth of school-age children and the role of health and recreation in school-age child development. Explores the use of medication, misuse of drugs, health issues of children, and the availability of community resources.Lecture 3 hours per week.