Emergency Medical Technician - EMS 111 at Blue Ridge Community College

Advanced Search
Distance Learning
Restrict search to:
   Distance Learning Types
Time of Day
Restrict search to:
Restrict search to:
EMS 111 - Emergency Medical Technician
Prepares student for certification as a Virginia and National Registry EMT. Focuses on all aspects of pre-hospital basic life support as defined by the Virginia Office of Emergency Medical Services curriculum for Emergency Medicine Technician.
Lecture 5 hours. Laboratory 4 hours. Total 9 hours per week.
Prerequisite: EMS 100/equivalent. Co-requisite: EMS 120.
7 credits

Schedule at Blue Ridge Community College

Class # Section Credits Day Time Start Location Mode
37049 EMS 111-02L 0
1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
2024-05-20 Main Campus P
37048 EMS 111-H01 7
9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
2024-05-20 Main Campus HY
Tues 9a-1p : Lecture & 1p-3p : Lab
This course will consist of asynchronous online, anytime coursework, AND one or both of the following scheduled on campus in-person meetings and/or virtual meetings via Zoom. Faculty will inform students about the in-person, Zoom, and Online dates required in the syllabus and class notes. Students may be required to take at least one proctored assessment, faculty will inform students of the proctored assessment requirements in the syllabus and class notes. Instructors may require a webcam and microphone for audio and video capabilities.
Class # Section Credits Day Time Start Location Mode
62581 EMS 111-01 0
1:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
2024-08-26 Main Campus P
62582 EMS 111-02L 7
9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
2024-08-26 Main Campus P
What Next?
Sign up with your college navigator
Already a student at Blue Ridge? A New Student?
  1. Register using SIS at My VCCS
  2. Purchase books
  3. Attend class
  1. Complete and submit an application for admission
  2. Request transcripts from your high school or other colleges attended
  3. Take placement tests
  4. File for financial aid
  5. Register for classes
  6. Purchase books
  7. Attend class

Any questions? Contact the college and talk to a counselor.