A/C and Refrigeration (AIR) at Dabney S. Lancaster Community College

Advanced Search >>

Showing: WWW Online - WWW Online w/E-Rate
Distance Learning
Restrict search to:

Distance Learning Types
Time of Day
Restrict search to:

Term
Restrict search to:

AIR 111 - Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Controls I
Presents electron theory, magnetism, Ohm's Law, resistance, current flow, instruments for electrical measurement, A.C. motors, power distribution controls and their application. Part I of II.
Lecture 1-2 hours. Laboratory 2-3 hours. Total 3-5 hours per week.
2-3 credits
AIR 121 - Air Conditioning and Refrigeration I
Studies refrigeration theory, characteristics of refrigerants, temperature, and pressure, tools and equipment, soldering, brazing, refrigeration systems, system components, compressors, evaporators, metering devices. Presents charging and evaluation of systems and leak detection. Explores servicing the basic system. Explains use and care of oils and additives and troubleshooting of small commercial systems. Part I of II.
Lecture 2-3 hours. Laboratory 2-3 hours. Total 4-6 hours per week.
3-4 credits
AIR 122 - Air Conditioning and Refrigeration II
Studies refrigeration theory, characteristics of refrigerants, temperature, and pressure, tools and equipment, soldering, brazing, refrigeration systems, system components, compressors, evaporators, metering devices. Presents charging and evaluation of systems and leak detection. Explores servicing the basic system. Explains use and care of oils and additives and troubleshooting of small commercial systems. Part II of II.
3-4 credits
AIR 134 - Circuits and Controls I
Presents circuit diagrams for air conditioning units, reading and drawing of circuit diagrams, types of electrical controls. Includes analysis of air conditioning circuits, components, analysis and characteristics of circuits and controls, testing and servicing. Introduces electricity for air conditioning which includes circuit elements, direct current circuits and motors, single and three-phase circuits and motors, power distribution systems, and protective devices. Studies the electron and its behavior in passive and active circuits and components. Demonstrates electronic components and circuits as applied to air conditioning system. Part I of II.
Lecture 2-3 hours. Laboratory 2-6 hours. Total 4-9 hours per week.
3-4 credits
AIR 154 - Heating Systems I
Introduces types of fuels and their characteristics of combustion; types, components and characteristics of burners, and burner efficiency analyzers. Studies forced air heating systems including troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and servicing. Part I of II.
Lecture 2-3 hours. Laboratory 2-6 hours. Total 4-8 hours per week.
3-4 credits
AIR 155 - Heating Systems II
Introduces types of fuels and their characteristics of combustion; types, components and characteristics of burners, and burner efficiency analyzers. Studies forced air heating systems including troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and servicing. Part II of II.
3-4 credits
AIR 195 - Topics In
Provides an opportunity to explore topical areas of interest to or needed by students.
May be used also for special honors courses. May be repeated for credit. Variable hours.
1-5 credits
AIR 281 - Energy Management I
Introduces methodology for residential audits covering heat flow analysis, construction methods and materials. Discusses effects of life styles on energy consumption, conservation and practices, renewable energy sources, calculating cost and savings, interviewing and education techniques. Introduces commercial and industrial energy audits, methodology for the performance of audits covering heat flow analysis, construction methods and materials. Part I of II.
Lecture 1-2 hours. Laboratory 2-4 hours. Total 3-6 hours per week.
2-3 credits