Arts (ART) at Reynolds Community College

Advanced Search >>

Showing: WWW Online - WWW Online w/E-Rate
Distance Learning
Restrict search to:

Distance Learning Types
Time of Day
Restrict search to:

Term
Restrict search to:

ART 100 - Art Appreciation
Introduces art from prehistoric times to the present day. Describes architectural styles, sculpture, photography, printmaking, and painting techniques.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ART 101 - History and Appreciation of Art I
Presents the history and interpretation of architecture, sculpture, and painting. Begins with prehistoric art and follows the development of western civilization to the present. Part I of II. This is a Passport Transfer course.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ART 102 - History and Appreciation of Art II
Presents the history and interpretation of architecture, sculpture, and painting. Begins with prehistoric art and follows the development of western civilization to the present. Part II of II. This is a Passport Transfer course.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ART 105 - Art in World Culture
Approaches the visual arts conceptually rather than historically. Develops a non-technical understanding of spatial arts such as architecture and industrial design. Includes painting, sculpture, and graphics.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ART 106 - History of Modern Art
Surveys the history of modern architecture, sculpture, painting, and graphic arts in representational and non- representational forms. Focuses on the periods and movements that influenced the arts of the twentieth century. Emphasizes contemporary art forms, particularly the interaction between art and society, industry, and design.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ART 121 - Drawing I
Develops basic drawing skills and understanding of visual language through studio instruction/lecture. Introduces concepts such as proportion, space, perspective, tone and composition as applied to still life, landscape and the figure. Uses drawing media such as pencil, charcoal, ink wash and color media. Includes field trips and gallery assignments as appropriate. Part I of II.
Lecture 1-2 hours. Studio instruction 4 hours. Total 5-6 hours per week.
3-4 credits
ART 122 - Drawing II
Develops basic drawing skills and understanding of visual language through studio instruction/lecture. Introduces concepts such as proportion, space, perspective, tone and composition as applied to still life, landscape and the figure. Uses drawing media such as pencil, charcoal, ink wash and color media. Includes field trips and gallery assignments as appropriate. Part II of II.
3-4 credits
ART 125 - Introduction to Painting
Introduces study of color, composition and painting techniques. Places emphasis on experimentation and enjoyment of oil and/or acrylic paints and the fundamentals of tools and materials.
Lecture 2 hours. Studio instruction 3 hours. Total 5 hours per week.
3 credits
ART 131 - Fundamentals of Design I
Explores the concepts of two- and three-dimensional design and color. May include field trips as required. Part I of II.
3-4 credits
ART 133 - Visual Arts Foundation
Covers tools and techniques, design concepts and principles, color theory and an introduction to the computer for graphic use. Applies to all fields of Visual Art.
Lecture 2 hours. Laboratory 4 hours. Total 6 hours per week.
4 credits
ART 138 - Figure Drawing
Develops drawing skills for the beginning and experienced students. Explores a broad range of drawing problems dealing with the human figure in costume using various media and techniques. Prerequisite: ART 120 or divisional approval.
LECTURE 2 HOURS. STUDIO INSTRUCTION 2-4 HOURS. TOTAL 4-6 HOURS PER WEEK.
3-4 credits
ART 212 - History of American Art II
Surveys the history of American art from the 1600's to the present. Emphasizes architecture, sculpture, and painting. Includes crafts, decorative arts, and photography. Part II of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ART 217 - Graphic Design I
Focuses on creative concepts and skills necessary for graphic design problem solving using current technology. Includes techniques specific to computer applications for the production of print design using text and image. Part I of II.
3-4 Credits - Lecture 2 hours. Lab Hours: 2-4. Total 4-6 hours per week.
Prerequisites are ART 121 Drawing I, ART 131 Fundamentals of Design I, ART 135 Visual Communications, ART 140 Introduction to Graphic Skills, and ART 141 Typography I. Co-requisites are ART 142 Typography II, and ART 265 Graphic Techniques
3-4 credits
View ART 217 Course Content Summary
ART 231 - Sculpture I
Introduces sculptural concepts and methods of production in traditional and contemporary media. Includes clay, plaster, wood, stone, metal, plastics and terra cotta. May include field trips. Prerequisite ART 131. Part I of II.
Lecture 1-2 hours. Studion instruction 4 hours. Total 5-6 hours per week.
3-4 credits
ART 232 - Sculpture II
Introduces sculptural concepts and methods of production in traditional and contemporary media. Includes clay, plaster, wood, stone, metal, plastics and terra cotta. May include field trips. Prerequisite ART 131. Part II of II.
3-4 credits
ART 241 - Painting I
Introduces abstract and representational painting in acrylic and/or oil with emphasis on color composition and value.
3-4 credits
View ART 241 Course Content Summary
ART 242 - Painting II
Introduces abstract and representational painting in acrylic and/or oil with emphasis on color composition and value. Prerequisites ART 122 or divisional approval. Part II of II.
3-4 credits
ART 243 - Watercolor I
Presents abstract and representational painting in watercolor with emphasis on design, color, composition, technique and value. Prerequisite ART 131, or divisional approval. Part I of II.
Lecture 1-2 hours. Studio instruction 2-4 hours. Total 4-6 hours per week.
3-4 credits
ART 244 - Watercolor II
Presents abstract and representational painting in watercolor with emphasis on design, color, composition, technique and value. Prerequisite ART 131, or divisional approval. Part II of II.
3-4 credits
ART 259 - Landscape Painting
Provides a comprehensive study of the techniques and approaches to the subject of landscape painting from the historic and current prospective. Prerequisite: ART 122.
Lecture 2 hours. Laboratory 3 hours. Total 5 hours per week.
3 credits
ART 271 - Printmaking I
Introduces the student to the full range of printmaking techniques. Includes woodcut, silkscreen, etching, and lithography. Provides historical perspective on printmaking. Part I of II.
Lecture 2 hours. Studio instruction 3-4 hours. Total 5-6 hours per week.
3-4 credits
ART 293 - Studies In
Covers new content not covered in existing courses in the discipline. Allows instructor to explore content and instructional methods to assess the course's viability as a permanent offering.
Variable hours per week.
1-5 credits