English (ENG) at Reynolds Community College

Advanced Search

Distance Learning
Showing: WWW Online - WWW Online w/E-Rate
Restrict search to:
   Distance Learning Types
Time of Day
Restrict search to:
Term
Restrict search to:
ENG 111 - College Composition I
Introduces students to critical thinking and the fundamentals of academic writing. Through the writing process, students refine topics: develop and support ideas; investigate, evaluate, and incorporate appropriate resources; edit for effective style and usage; and determine appropriate approaches for a variety of contexts, audiences, and purposes. Writing activities will include exposition and argumentation with at least one researched essay. This is a Passport Transfer course.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 112 - College Composition II
Continues to develop college writing with increased emphasis on critical essays, argumentation, and research, developing these competencies through the examination of a range of texts about the human experience. Requires students to locate, evaluate, integrate, and document sources and effectively edit for style and usage. Prerequisite: Students must successfully complete ENG 111 or its equivalent, and must be able to use word processing software.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 115 - Technical Writing
Develops ability in technical writing through extensive practice in composing technical reports and other documents. Guides students in achieving voice, tone, style, and content in formatting, editing, and graphics. Introduces students to technical discourse through selected reading.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 137 - Communication Processes I
Covers content, form, and procedures for research writings, which may include reports, articles, summaries, essays and correspondence. Stresses editing, proofreading skills, sentence structure, and paragraph development. Offers instruction and practice in oral communication skills. May use reading selections for discussions and writing assignments. Part I of II.
Lecture 3-4 hours per week.
3-4 credits
ENG 210 - Advanced Composition
Helps students refine skills in writing non-fiction prose. Guides development of individual voice and style. Introduces procedures for publication. Prerequisite ENG 112 or divisional approval.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 215 - Creative Writing - Fiction I
Introduces the fundamentals and techniques of writing short and long fiction. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 217 - Creative Writing - Poetry I
Introduces the fundamentals and techniques of writing poetry. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 233 - The Bible As Literature
Provides an introduction to the study of the Bible as literature. Examines the intent and presentation of major literary genres found in the Bible, refining skills of analysis, synthesis, and evaluation. Prerequisite: ENG 112.'
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 241 - Survey of American Literature I
Examines American literary works from colonial times to the present, emphasizing the ideas and characteristics of our national literature. Involves critical reading and writing. Prerequisite ENG 112 or divisional approval. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 242 - Survey of American Literature II
Examines American literary works from colonial times to the present, emphasizing the ideas and characteristics of our national literature. Involves critical reading and writing. Prerequisite ENG 112 or divisional approval. Part II of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 243 - Survey of English Literature I
Studies major English works from the Anglo-Saxon period to the present, emphasizing ideas and characteristics of the British literary tradition. Involves critical reading and writing. Prerequisite ENG 112 or divisional approval. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 244 - Survey of English Literature II
Studies major English works from the Anglo-Saxon period to the present, emphasizing ideas and characteristics of the British literary tradition. Involves critical reading and writing. Prerequisite ENG 112 or divisional approval. Part II of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 250 - Children's Literature
Surveys the history, development and genres of children's literature, focusing on analysis of texts for literary qualities and in terms of audience.
Credit Hours: 3: Lecture Hours: 3: Lab Hours: 0: Total Contact Hours: 3
Prerequisite(s): ENG 112 or 125 (or divisional approval).
3 credits
ENG 250 Detailed Outline
ENG 251 - Survey of World Literature I
Examines major works of world literature. Involves critical reading and writing. Prerequisite ENG 112 or divisional approval. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 252 - Survey of World Literature II
Examines major works of world literature. Involves critical reading and writing. Prerequisite ENG 112 or divisional approval. Part II of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 253 - Survey of African-American Literature I
Examines selected works by Black American writers from the colonial period to the present. Involves critical reading and writing. Prerequisite ENG 112 or divisional approval. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 254 - Survey of African-American Literature II
Examines selected works by Black American writers from the colonial period to the present. Involves critical reading and writing. Prerequisite ENG 112 or divisional approval. Part II of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 273 - Women in Literature I
Examines literature by and about women. Involves critical reading and writing. Prerequisite ENG 112 or divisional approval. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 274 - Women in Literature II
Examines literature by and about women. Involves critical reading and writing. Prerequisite ENG 112 or divisional approval. Part II of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ENG 295 - Topics In
Provides an opportunity to explore topical areas of interest to or needed by students.
May be used also for special honors courses. May be repeated for credit. Variable hours.
1-5 credits