Communication Studies and Theatre (CST) at Mountain Empire Community College

Advanced Search >>
Distance Learning
Restrict search to:

Distance Learning Types
Time of Day
Restrict search to:

Term
Restrict search to:

CST 100 - Principles of Public Speaking
Applies theory and principles of public address with emphasis on preparation and delivery.
Lecture 3 hour per week.
3 credits
CST 105 - Oral Communication
Studies effective communication with emphasis on speaking and listening.
Lecture 2-3 hours per week.
2-3 credits
CST 110 - Introduction to Communication
Examines the elements affecting speech communication at the individual, small group, and public communication levels with emphasis on practice of communication at each level.
Lecture 2-3 hours per week.
2-3 credits
CST 130 - Introduction to the Theatre
Surveys the principles of drama, the development of theatre production, and selected plays to acquaint the student with various types of theatrical presentations.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
CST 131 - Acting I
Develops personal resources and explores performance skills through such activities as theatre games, role playing, improvisation, work on basic script units, and performance of scenes. Part I of IV.
Lecture 2 hours. Laboratory 3 hour. Total 5 hours per week.
3 credits
CST 132 - Acting II
Develops personal resources and explores performance skills through such activities as theatre games, role playing, improvisation, work on basic script units, and performance of scenes. Part II of IV.
3 credits
CST 141 - Theatre Appreciation I
Aims to increase knowledge and enjoyment of theatre. Considers process, style, organization, written drama, and performed drama. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
CST 151 - Film Appreciation I
Provides students with a critical understanding of film through the discussion and viewing of motion pictures with emphasis upon the study of film history and the forms and functions of film. Students will develop skills to analyze the shared social, cultural and historical influences of films and their contexts. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
CST 195 - Topics In
Provides an opportunity to explore topical areas of interest to or needed by students. May be used also for special honors courses. May be repeated for credit. Variable hours.
1-5 credits
1-5 credits
CST 229 - Intercultural Communication
Emphasizes the influence of culture on the communication process including differences in values, message systems, and communication rules.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits