Arabic (ARA) at Northern Virginia Community College

Advanced Search >>

Showing: WWW Online - WWW Online w/E-Rate
Distance Learning
Restrict search to:

Distance Learning Types
Time of Day
Restrict search to:

Term
Restrict search to:

ARA 101 - Beginning Arabic I
Introduces understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills and emphasizes basic Arabic sentence structure. Discusses the diversity of cultures in the Arab world. Part I of II.
Lecture 4-5 hours per week.
4-5 credits
ARA 102 - Beginning Arabic II
Introduces understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills and emphasizes basic Arabic sentence structure. Discusses the diversity of cultures in the Arab world. Part II of II.
Lecture 4-5 hours per week.
4-5 credits
ARA 103 - Basic Spoken Arabic I
Teaches oral communication, and introduces cultural mores and customs to students with no prior instruction in the language. Prerequisite: ARA 103 is required for ARA 104. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ARA 193 - Studies In
Covers new content not covered in existing courses in the discipline. Allows instructor to explore content and instructional methods to assess the course's viability as a permanent offering.
Variable hours per week.
1-5 credits
ARA 198 - Seminar and Project
Requires completion of a project or research report related to the student's occupational objectives and a study of approaches to the selection and pursuit of career opportunities in the field.
May be repeated for credit. Variable hours.
1-5 credits
ARA 201 - Intermediate Arabic I
Continues to develop understanding, speaking, reading and writing skills and emphasizes basic Arabic sentence structure. Discuses the diversity of cultures in the Arab world. Classes are conducted in Arabic. Prerequisite: ARA 102. Part I of II.
Lecture 3-4 hours per week.
3-4 credits
ARA 202 - Intermediate Arabic II
Continues to develop understanding, speaking, reading and writing skills and emphasizes basic Arabic sentence structure. Discuses the diversity of cultures in the Arab world. Classes are conducted in Arabic. Prerequisite: ARA 102. Part II of II.
Lecture 3-4 hours per week.
3-4 credits
ARA 293 - Studies In
Variable hours per week.
1-5 credits