French (FRE) at Northern Virginia Community College

Advanced Search >>

Showing: WWW Online - WWW Online w/E-Rate
Distance Learning
Restrict search to:

Distance Learning Types
Time of Day
Restrict search to:

Term
Restrict search to:

FRE 101 - Beginning French I
Introduces understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills and emphasizes basic French sentence structure. Part I of II.
Lecture 4-5 hours per week. May include one additional hour of oral practice per week.
4-5 credits
FRE 102 - Beginning French II
Introduces understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills and emphasizes basic French sentence structure. Part II of II.
4-5 credits
FRE 103 - Basic Spoken French I
Teaches oral communication and introduces cultural mores and customs to students with no prior instruction in the language. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
FRE 198 - Seminar and Project
Requires completion of a project or research report related to the student's occupational objectives and a study of approaches to the selection and pursuit of career opportunities in the field.
May be repeated for credit. Variable hours.
1-5 credits
FRE 199 - Supervised Study
Assigns problems for independent study incorporating previous instruction and supervised by the instructor.
1-5 credits
FRE 201 - Intermediate French I
Continues to develop understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills. French is used in the classroom. Prerequisite French 102 or equivalent. Part I of II.
Lecture 3-4 hours per week. May include one additional hour of oral practice per week.
3-4 credits
FRE 202 - Intermediate French II
Continues to develop understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills. French is used in the classroom. Prerequisite French 102 or equivalent. Part II of II.
3-4 credits
FRE 211 - Intermediate French Conversation I-II
Continues to develop fluency through emphasis on idioms and other complex sentence structures. Prerequisite French 202 or equivalent. Part I of II.
Lecture 3-4 hours per week.
3-4 credits
FRE 212 - Intermediate French Conversation I-II
Continues to develop fluency through emphasis on idioms and other complex sentence structures. Prerequisite French 202 or equivalent. Part II of II.
Lecture 3-4 hours per week.
3-4 credits
FRE 298 - Seminar and Project
1-5 credits
FRE 299 - Supervised Study
1-5 credits