Arts (ART) at Paul D. Camp Community College

Advanced Search >>

Showing: WWW Online - WWW Online w/E-Rate
Distance Learning
Restrict search to:

Distance Learning Types
Time of Day
Restrict search to:

Term
Restrict search to:

ART 100 - Art Appreciation
Introduces art from prehistoric times to the present day. Describes architectural styles, sculpture, photography, printmaking, and painting techniques.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ART 101 - History and Appreciation of Art I
Presents the history and interpretation of architecture, sculpture, and painting. Begins with prehistoric art and follows the development of western civilization to the present. Part I of II. This is a Passport Transfer course.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ART 102 - History and Appreciation of Art II
Presents the history and interpretation of architecture, sculpture, and painting. Begins with prehistoric art and follows the development of western civilization to the present. Part II of II. This is a Passport Transfer course.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ART 105 - Art in World Culture
Approaches the visual arts conceptually rather than historically. Develops a non-technical understanding of spatial arts such as architecture and industrial design. Includes painting, sculpture, and graphics.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ART 106 - History of Modern Art
Surveys the history of modern architecture, sculpture, painting, and graphic arts in representational and non- representational forms. Focuses on the periods and movements that influenced the arts of the twentieth century. Emphasizes contemporary art forms, particularly the interaction between art and society, industry, and design.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ART 111 - Introduction to the Arts I
Parallels studio classes and provides a general survey of the arts. Emphasizes perception, using major monuments of painting, sculpture, and architecture as examples. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
ART 114 - General Art
Introduces art to the student without previous training. Provides studio exercises in drawing, painting, and two- and three-dimensional design.
Lecture 2 hours. Laboratory 3 hours. Total 5 hours per week.
3 credits
ART 115 - Current Issues in Web Design
Explores contemporary subjects and current trends pertaining to web design. Emphasizes the roles of design and production techniques fundamental to web development.
Lecture 1 hour per week.
1 credits
ART 120 - Beginning Drawing
Introduces principles and practices of the various media used in drawing.
Lecture 1 hour. Studio instruction 2 hours. Total 3 hours per week.
2 credits
ART 121 - Drawing I
Develops basic drawing skills and understanding of visual language through studio instruction/lecture. Introduces concepts such as proportion, space, perspective, tone and composition as applied to still life, landscape and the figure. Uses drawing media such as pencil, charcoal, ink wash and color media. Includes field trips and gallery assignments as appropriate. Part I of II.
Lecture 1-2 hours. Studio instruction 4 hours. Total 5-6 hours per week.
3-4 credits
ART 122 - Drawing II
Develops basic drawing skills and understanding of visual language through studio instruction/lecture. Introduces concepts such as proportion, space, perspective, tone and composition as applied to still life, landscape and the figure. Uses drawing media such as pencil, charcoal, ink wash and color media. Includes field trips and gallery assignments as appropriate. Part II of II.
3-4 credits
ART 125 - Introduction to Painting
Introduces study of color, composition and painting techniques. Places emphasis on experimentation and enjoyment of oil and/or acrylic paints and the fundamentals of tools and materials.
Lecture 2 hours. Studio instruction 3 hours. Total 5 hours per week.
3 credits
ART 131 - Fundamentals of Design I
Explores the concepts of two- and three-dimensional design and color. May include field trips as required. Part I of II.
3-4 credits
ART 132 - Fundamentals of Design II
Explores the concepts of two- and three-dimensional design and color. May include field trips as required. Part II of II.
3-4 credits
ART 140 - Introduction to Graphic Skills
Teaches basic studio skills and concepts. Emphasizes concept development and problem solving using traditional art materials and computer techniques. Uses current graphic software applications.
(3-4 Cr.) Lecture 1-2 hours, Lab 4 hours, Total 5-6 hours per week.
3-4 credits
View ART 140 Course Content Summary
ART 153 - Ceramics I
Presents problems in the design and production of functional and non-functional ceramic works. Includes handbuilding the potter's wheel and clays and glazes. Part I of II.
Lecture 0-2 hours. Studio instruction 4-6 hours. Total 5-8 hours per week.
3-4 credits
ART 154 - Ceramics II
Presents problems in the design and production of functional and non-functional ceramic works. Includes handbuilding the potter's wheel and clays and glazes. Part II of II.
3-4 credits
ART 175 - Photography Workshop
Introduces basic camera operations and darkroom techniques.
Lecture 2 hours. Studio instruction 4 hours. Total 6 hours per week.
4 credits
ART 195 - Topics In
Provides an opportunity to explore topical areas of interest to or needed by students.
May be used also for special honors courses. May be repeated for credit. Variable hours.
1-5 credits
ART 231 - Sculpture I
Introduces sculptural concepts and methods of production in traditional and contemporary media. Includes clay, plaster, wood, stone, metal, plastics and terra cotta. May include field trips. Prerequisite ART 131. Part I of II.
Lecture 1-2 hours. Studion instruction 4 hours. Total 5-6 hours per week.
3-4 credits
ART 232 - Sculpture II
Introduces sculptural concepts and methods of production in traditional and contemporary media. Includes clay, plaster, wood, stone, metal, plastics and terra cotta. May include field trips. Prerequisite ART 131. Part II of II.
3-4 credits
ART 236 - Sculptural Ceramics
Explores the design and production of sculptural ceramics, including handbuilding and use of the wheel. Prerequisite ART 154 or divisional approval.
Lecture 0-2 hours. Studio instruction 4-6 hours. Total 6-8 hours per week.
3-4 credits
ART 241 - Painting I
Introduces abstract and representational painting in acrylic and/or oil with emphasis on color composition and value.
3-4 credits
View ART 241 Course Content Summary
ART 242 - Painting II
Introduces abstract and representational painting in acrylic and/or oil with emphasis on color composition and value. Prerequisites ART 122 or divisional approval. Part II of II.
3-4 credits
ART 244 - Watercolor II
Presents abstract and representational painting in watercolor with emphasis on design, color, composition, technique and value. Prerequisite ART 131, or divisional approval. Part II of II.
Lecture 1-2 hours. Studio instruction 2-4 hours. Total 4-6 hours per week.
3-4 credits
ART 251 - Communication Design I
Studies the principles of visual communications as applied to advertising in newspapers, magazines, direct mail advertising, house organs, etc. Analyzes the influence of contemporary art on design. Prerequisites ART 131 and ART 140. Part I of II.
Lecture 2 hours. Studio instruction 2-4 hours. Total 4-6 hours per week.
3-4 credits
ART 271 - Printmaking I
Introduces the student to the full range of printmaking techniques. Includes woodcut, silkscreen, etching, and lithography. Provides historical perspective on printmaking. Part I of II.
Lecture 2 hours. Studio instruction 3-4 hours. Total 5-6 hours per week.
3-4 credits
ART 283 - Computer Graphics I
Utilizes microcomputers and software to produce computer graphics. Employs techniques learned to solve studio projects which reinforce instruction and are appropriate for portfolio use. Part I of II.
Lecture 1-2 hours. Studio instruction 3-4 hours. Total 5-6 hours per week.
3-4 credits
ART 295 - Topics In
1-5 credits