Travel and Tourism (TRV) at Piedmont Community College

Advanced Search >>

Showing: WWW Online - WWW Online w/E-Rate
Distance Learning
Restrict search to:

Distance Learning Types
Time of Day
Restrict search to:

Term
Restrict search to:

TRV 100 - Introduction to the Travel Industry
Presents an overview of the structure and scope of the travel industry with emphasis on job categories and functions, basic vocabulary, and the interrelationships of the various components. Includes the study of information displays of airline computer reservation system.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
TRV 111 - Geography of Tourism I
Focuses on the geographic knowledge necessary to provide effective, efficient service to clients. Studies major western Hemisphere (Part I) and eastern hemisphere (Part II) destination. Emphasizes features of touristic importance, such as visit documentation, climate and physical features, accommodations and attractions, and accessibility. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
TRV 112 - Geography of Tourism II
Focuses on the geographic knowledge necessary to provide effective, efficient service to clients. Studies major western Hemisphere (Part I) and eastern hemisphere (Part II) destination. Emphasizes features of touristic importance, such as visit documentation, climate and physical features, accommodations and attractions, and accessibility. Part II of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
TRV 125 - Principles of Travel Selling and Counseling
Studies successful selling strategies in the travel business. Analyzes selling techniques by types of travel clientele and their needs. Emphasizes the development of basic selling skills through role playing exercises and sales presentations. Prerequisite TRV 100.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits