Spanish (SPA) at Southside Virginia Community College

Advanced Search
Distance Learning
Restrict search to:
   Distance Learning Types
Time of Day
Restrict search to:
Term
Restrict search to:
SPA 101 - Beginning Spanish I
Introduces understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills and emphasizes basic Spanish sentence structure. May include an additional hour of oral drill and practice per week. Part I of II.
Lecture 4-5 hours per week. May include one additional hour of oral practice per week.
4-5 credits
SPA 102 - Beginning Spanish II
Introduces understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills and emphasizes basic Spanish sentence structure. May include an additional hour of oral drill and practice per week. Part II of II.
4-5 credits
SPA 103 - Basic Spoken Spanish I
Teaches oral communication and introduces cultural mores and customs to students with no prior instruction in the language. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
SPA 104 - Basic Spoken Spanish II
Teaches oral communication and introduces cultural mores and customs to students with no prior instruction in the language. Part II of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
SPA 111 - Conversation in Spanish I
Emphasizes the spoken language, stressing fluency and correctness of structure, pronunciation, and vocabulary. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
Prerequisite: SPA 102.
3 credits
SPA 112 - Conversation in Spanish II
Emphasizes the spoken language, stressing fluency and correctness of structure, pronunciation, and vocabulary. Part II of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
Prerequisite: SPA 102.
3 credits
SPA 163 - Spanish for Health Professionals I
Introduces Spanish to those in the health sciences. Emphasizes oral communication and practical medical vocabulary. May include oral drill and practice. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
SPA 195 - Topics In
Provides an opportunity to explore topical areas of interest to or needed by students.
May be used also for special honors courses. May be repeated for credit. Variable hours.
1-5 credits
SPA 198 - Seminar and Project
Requires completion of a project or research report related to the student's occupational objectives and a study of approaches to the selection and pursuit of career opportunities in the field.
May be repeated for credit. Variable hours.
1-5 credits
SPA 199 - Supervised Study
Assigns problems for independent study incorporating previous instruction and supervised by the instructor.
1-5 credits
SPA 201 - Intermediate Spanish
Continues to develop understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills. May include oral drill and practice. Part I of II.
Lecture 3-4 hours per week. May include one additional hour of oral practice per week.
Prerequisite: SPA 102 or equivalent.
3-4 credits
SPA 202 - Intermediate Spanish
Continues to develop understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills. May include oral drill and practice. Part II of II.
Prerequisite: SPA 102 or equivalent.
3-4 credits
SPA 203 - Intermediate Spanish I-II
Continues to develop understanding, speaking, reading, and writing skills. Classes conducted in Spanish. May include oral drill and practice. Part I of II.
Lecture 3-4 hours per week.
Prerequisite: SPA 102 or equivalent.
3-4 credits
SPA 233 - Introduction to Spanish Civilization & Literature I-II
Introduces the student to Spanish culture and literature. Readings and discussions conducted in Spanish. Part I of II.
Lecture 3-4 hours per week.
Prerequisite: SPA 202 or equivalent.
3-4 credits