History (HIS) at Thomas Nelson Community College

Advanced Search
Distance Learning
Restrict search to:
   Distance Learning Types
Time of Day
Restrict search to:
Term
Restrict search to:
HIS 101 - History of Western Civilization I
Examines the development of western civilization from ancient times to the present. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
HIS 102 - History of Western Civilization II
Examines the development of western civilization from ancient times to the present. Part II of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
HIS 111 - History of World Civilization I
Surveys Asian, African, Latin American, and European civilizations from the ancient period to the present. Part I of II. This is a Passport Transfer course.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
HIS 112 - History of World Civilization II
Surveys Asian, African, Latin American, and European civilizations from the ancient period to the present. Part II of II. This is a Passport Transfer course.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
HIS 121 - United States History I
Surveys United States history from its beginning to the present. Part I of II. This is a Passport Transfer course.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
HIS 122 - United States History II
Surveys United States history from its beginning to the present. Part II of II. This is a Passport Transfer course.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
HIS 141 - African-American History I
Surveys the history of black Americans from their African origins to the present. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
HIS 142 - African-American History II
Surveys the history of black Americans from their African origins to the present. Part II of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
HIS 180 - Historical Archaeology
Introduces both the methods and theories in historical archaeology as practiced in the United States and worldwide. Includes time and space, field survey, excavation, archival and laboratory research. Includes field trips to site excavations.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
HIS 195 - Topics In
Provides an opportunity to explore topical areas of interest to or needed by students.
May be used also for special honors courses. May be repeated for credit. Variable hours.
1-5 credits
HIS 199 - Supervised Study
Assigns problems for independent study incorporating previous instruction and supervised by the instructor.
May be repeated for credit. Variable hours.
1-5 credits
HIS 225 - Topics in European History I
Examines selected topics in the history of Europe from ancient times to the present. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
HIS 231 - History of Latin American Civilizations I
Examines Latin American civilizations from pre-Columbian origins to the present. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
HIS 232 - History of Latin American Civilizations II
Examines Latin American civilizations from pre-Columbian origins to the present. Part II of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
HIS 251 - History of Middle East Civilization I
Surveys intellectual, cultural, social, economic and religious patterns in the civilizations of the Middle East. Covers Semitic, Indo-European, and Turkic-speaking peoples from pre-Islamic to the present. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
HIS 252 - History of Middle East Civilization II
Surveys intellectual, cultural, social, economic and religious patterns in the civilizations of the Middle East. Covers Semitic, Indo-European, and Turkic-speaking peoples from pre-Islamic to the present. Part II of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
HIS 253 - History of Asian Civilizations I
Surveys the civilizations of Asia from their origins to the present. Part I of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
HIS 254 - History of Asian Civilizations II
Surveys the civilizations of Asia from their origins to the present. Part II of II.
Lecture 3 hours per week.
3 credits
HIS 293 - Studies In
Covers new content not covered in existing courses in the discipline. Allows instructor to explore content and instructional methods to assess the course's viability as a permanent offering.
Variable hours per week.
1-5 credits
HIS 295 - Topics In
1-5 credits