Natural Science (NAS) at Wytheville Community College

Advanced Search >>

Showing: WWW Online - WWW Online w/E-Rate
Distance Learning
Restrict search to:

Distance Learning Types
Time of Day
Restrict search to:

Term
Restrict search to:

NAS 131 - Astronomy I
Studies the major and minor bodies of the solar system, stars and nebulae of the Milky Way, and extragalactic objects. Examines life and death of stars, origin of the universe, history of astronomy, and instruments and techniques of observation. Part I of II. This course is cross-listed with PHY 141. Credit will not be awarded for both.
Lecture 3 hours per week. Recitation and laboratory 3 hours per week. Total 6 hours per week.
4 credits
View NAS 131 Course Content Summary
NAS 132 - Astronomy II
Studies the major and minor bodies of the solar system, stars and nebulae of the Milky Way, and extragalactic objects. Examines life and death of stars, origin of the universe, history of astronomy, and instruments and techniques of observation. Part II of II. This course is cross-listed with PHY 142. Credit will not be awarded for both.
4 credits
NAS 150 - Human Biology
Surveys the structure and function of the human body. Applies principally to students who are not majoring in the health or science fields.
Lecture 3-4 hours per week.
3-4 credits
NAS 161 - Health Science I
Presents an integrated approach to human anatomy and physiology, microbiology, and pathology. Includes chemistry and physics as related to health sciences. Part I of II.
4 credits
NAS 162 - Health Science II
Presents an integrated approach to human anatomy and physiology, microbiology, and pathology. Includes chemistry and physics as related to health sciences. Part II of II.
4 credits
NAS 171 - Human Anatomy and Physiology I
Presents the human organ systems and their functions as they relate to allied health science. Part I of II.
4 credits
NAS 195 - Topics In
Provides an opportunity to explore topical areas of interest to or needed by students.
May be used also for special honors courses. May be repeated for credit. Variable hours.
1-5 credits
NAS 199 - Supervised Study
Assigns problems for independent study incorporating previous instruction and supervised by the instructor.
May be repeated for credit. Variable hours.
1-5 credits