Healthcare Concepts for Transition - NSG 115 at Brightpoint Community College

Advanced Search
Distance Learning
Restrict search to:
   Distance Learning Types
Time of Day
Restrict search to:
Restrict search to:
NSG 115 - Healthcare Concepts for Transition
Focuses on role transition from Licensed Practical Nurse to Registered professional nurse. Incorporates concepts of nursing practice and conceptual learning to promote health and wellness across the lifespan. Uses the nursing process to explore care delivery for selected diverse populations with common and predictable illness. Emphasizes the use of clinical judgement in skill acquisition.
Lecture 3 hours. Laboratory 3-6 hours. Total 6-9 hours per week.
Prerequisites: BIO 141, BIO 142, ENG 111, PSY 230, SDV 100; Acceptance to the Transition Program. Corequisite: NSG 200.
4-5 credits

Schedule at Brightpoint Community College

Not scheduled
Not scheduled
Class # Section Credits Day Time Start Location Mode
34282 NSG 115-C96 4
4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
2024-05-20 Blended-Internet/On-Campus HY
NSG 115 C97: Students meet by ZOOM on Mondays, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
34283 NSG 115-C96L 0
12:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
2024-05-20 Chester Campus P
NSG 115: ONSITE LAB MEETING TIME AND DATES: Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m. to 5:00pm, 5/21, 5/28,6/4, 6/11, 6/18.
34286 NSG 115-C97L 0
6:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
2024-05-20 Chester Campus P
NSG 115 C97L: CLINICAL meet on Tuesdays 6/25, 7/2, 7/9, 7/16, 7/23 (sim) or 7/30 (sim).
34287 NSG 115-C98L 0
6:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
2024-05-20 Chester Campus P
NSG 115 C98L: CLINICAL meet on Tuesdays 6/25, 7/2, 7/9, 7/16, 7/23 (sim) or 7/30 (sim).
What Next?
Sign up with your college navigator
Already a student at Brightpoint? A New Student?
  1. Register using SIS at My VCCS
  2. Purchase books
  3. Attend class
  1. Complete and submit an application for admission
  2. Request transcripts from your high school or other colleges attended
  3. Take placement tests
  4. File for financial aid
  5. Register for classes
  6. Purchase books
  7. Attend class

Any questions? Contact the college and talk to a counselor.